Money Talk$!

Saturday 6 January 2007

Vacuum Cleaner Bites The Dust

After years of service my Electrolux vacuum cleaner died yesterday! After a hectic xmas & new year I decided to bring the vacuum out for a big clean.

It's amazing how much dust can collect over the weeks.... Almost finished the whole house... when all of a sudden, there was a burning smell! Smoke was coming out of my vacuum. Certainly was a shock & so was the price of a replacement. Took it down to the repairman, just incase... he said 'in it's day it was a top of the range' but sadly the motor had burnt out. I'm usually vigilant in cleaning out the dust bag after every use. But I wondered if it had been full to start with & this created the overheating. I will never know.

Prices are unbelievable... Must admit I think I had the old one for over 15 years. Served us well. I need one that is easy to move around & I was astounded at the prices of a decent vacuum... almost $400 & up! I'm on the hunt for a new vacuum. So a word of warning... always ensure that you regularly empty the dustbag.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • I need a vacuum. Most of my house is tile but our bedrooms are carpet. My last vacuum only lasted a couple of years and it was a piece of junk. I am hoping to get a new one here soon. I have had to borrow my mother-in laws vacuum which is probably 15 or more years old. It is deffinetly worth buying a good quality vacuum.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1 February 2007 at 1:13:00 pm AEDT  

  • Hi Mona,
    Yes...I agree, it's definitely worth buying a good quality vacuum....but I must admit I was shocked at the prices as I hadn't bought a new one in over 15 years. Certainly got my money's worth.. it was a reconditioned Electrolux... they're not made to last these days....but hopefully I will get quite a few years out of my new one!

    By Blogger Gaida, At 6 February 2007 at 6:55:00 am AEDT  

  • People should read this.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11 November 2008 at 7:55:00 pm AEDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home